Hello. My name is Nina Madden. I am a Life Coach, NLP Therapist, Healer and Teacher. I’ve been working as a Life Coach, Healer and Therapist for over 14 years and I absolutely love what I do.
Before becoming a Life Coach, I had spent many years of feeling empty and quite lost. I have always been asking the big questions such as Who am I? What am I doing here? What is my life meant to be about?
I had searched for the answers in psychology, art and literature without much success. Because of my family background I pursued an academic path at Sotheby’s Institute and City University, and I had gained two MA’s. One in Art Criticism and one in Critical Theory.
Even though I was interested in psychology, I always felt psychotherapy was such a helpless and victimising approach. When I accidentally discovered NLP and Life Coaching I was excited to learn there was a different way of approaching these questions.
Here was a discipline that was empowering and could be fun and dynamic too. It didn’t matter what had happened to you in the past, you didn’t have to have years of therapy; you could change your life now. I fell in love with the discipline and the potential of the tools.
I discovered I excelled at helping people from all walks of life change the way they thought about situations and help them let go of suffering; and also change their behaviours so they would stop hurting others. I discovered I had a talent for helping people radically revolutionize their lives and make the changes they had been wanting to make for years.
The feeling of getting amazing feedback where clients tell me how much I have helped them and how their lives have changed is possibly the best possible feeling in the world.
I set up my own practice in Drayson Mews in Kensington in 2007 where I also live and have been seeing people from there until the pandemic hit, when I moved my business 100% online.
A few years into private practice people started asking me to teach. I qualified as an NLP trainer in 2010 and have been running Coaching, NLP trainings, workshops and retreats since 2012.
When facilitating I am always thinking how I can make this meaningful. How can I facilitate in such a way that they discover the impact and power of these tools on their own lives? How can I create a group that nourishes and supports and learns from each other, and brings the wisdom of each person to the fore and make this a transformational experience?
Today I split my time between private clients and courses and workshops. The signature programme is The Professional Life Coaching With NLP Programme, also Endorsed by the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management).
This programme is a training programme for compassionate individuals who want a meaningful career helping others. You learn how to help your client let go of pain and suffering, become happy and fulfilled. You will learn how to empower yourself and your clients to create life on your own terms.
I went through a lot of work to get it endorsed by the ILM, Institute of Leadership and Management, because I wanted to differentiate our programme from the many unverified programmes on the market. That way the students can know that there is a level of professionalism and quality, and they can get insurance and join the relevant membership boards.
I also run workshops and retreats and have hosted programmes in Thailand and India. In 2021, Covid permitting I have plans to run workshops in Italy, Greece and Ibiza.
I started my business in 2007. The £5,000 I borrowed to put down on my training gave me a completely new life. Since then I have found my purpose and joy, I’ve grown my business to become financially successful, learnt finances, product development, tech, sales, and management, and I have travelled the world on a motorcycle as I always dreamt of doing.
The biggest learning for me was to say no to the experts when my integrity did not align with the advice I was receiving, and to believe in myself and my intuition and my desire to do things in a certain way.
A dream of mine from early age was to ride a motorcycle across Africa. In 2014 I got on a plane to Nairobi to set across Kenya. I had no idea who I was meeting or if even anyone would be there on the other end. But it turned out to be a wonderful trip full of romance, adventure; great expansive landscapes, heat, rain, sunsets which lead to many more. My next adventures took me through to the Rajasthan desert, through Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan, along the Afghan border and eventually through the vast mountain range of the Himalayas. I visited many holy places and made many friends.
Since then, I’ve gone on at least one epic adventure rides per year, disconnecting from city life, ambition, goals and plans to just be.
The future of 2021 sees me travelling to India with my little dog Rex to run epic adventure tours in the Himalayas for three months. I am running workshops in Ibiza, and Mykonos, and hopefully I will also be able to go back to California.
My Background and Qualifications
I qualified as a Personal Performance Coach in 2007 with distinction, after which I set up my private practice. I’ve immersed myself in NLP, applied psychology and the Healing Arts with hundreds of hours of CPD each year. I’ve studied, NLP, Trauma Treatment, IEMT, Hypnosis, Shamanism, Guided Journeys, EFT, Reiki, and a multitude of weird and wonderful methodologies, all which fuse into a wonderful blend with my clients.
Here is a selection of some of my training and qualifications:
- Accredited Trainer of NLP, Hypnotherapy & Life Coaching – trained by Master INPLTA trainer Terri Ann Laws – author of “Help I am Going Crazy”
- Robert Dilts – Changing Belief Systems – ITS Training Seminars.
- Accredited Trainer of NLP, Sue Knight, Master NLP Trainer and author of “NLP at Work”.
- Diploma in Real Skills Hypnosis, a practical, skills-based Hypnotherapy programme. Trained by Master NLP Trainer Terri Ann Laws at Mental Combat.
- Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy® – a powerful method for therapeutic change. Trained in Time Line Therapy®, created by Tad James, M.S., PhD., and Dr. Wyatt Woodsmall, Master INLPTA trainer of NLP, by David Shephard, Master Trainer of Time-line Therapy® in the UK, The Performance Partnership.
- Master Practitioner of Hypnotherapy, trained by David Shephard, Master Trainer of Time-line Therapy® in the UK, The Performance Partnership.
- Master Practitioner of NLP. Attended and qualified with several Master Trainers including David Shephard, of the Performance Partnership, Sue Knight, and Terri Ann Laws (INLPTA).
- Licensed to perform the Personal Breakthrough Session, a unique full day transformational therapy session.
- The Works – Byron Katie.
- Personal Life Coach by the Coaching Academy, the original training body for Life Coaches in the UK. Qualified with a Distinction.
- Reiki Practitioner – Level 1 Usui Shiki Ryoho
- Reiki Practitioner – Level 2 Usui Shiki Ryoho
- Domestic Violence Training, Refuge, the National Charity for Domestic Violence, UK
- Qualified in Domestic Violence, Homelessness & The Law – Refuge, the National Charity for Domestic Violence, UK
- Diploma HIV/AIDS Awareness, Cara Life – Cara Trust, UK
- Masters of Art, in Contemporary and Post War Art, from Sotheby’s Institute of Art
- Masters of Art, in Arts Criticism, from City University. Thesis explored trauma and memory in the poetry of Paul Celan and sculptures of Doris Salcedo.
“Since my seeing Nina my attitude to life has changed in so many ways that I notice the results of this every day. I feel like a whole person for the first time and I can withstand anything life throws at me. Knowing what I know now, I cannot believe I waited this long before deciding to get help. Life is precious!” Marianne – private NLP Life Coaching Client
“Nina when I came to you I said I wanted back in the game. I am back in the game!” Bafta Award Winning Writer, Producer and Actor
“I know you’ll be excited to hear that the play I found a producer for while you were coaching me opens next month in the West End. We have a fabulous cast and things are getting very full-on. I cannot believe the contrast between my life now and a year ago.
In addition to the commission that was finalised while I was seeing you, I now have another one for a massive project and the money is beyond anything I’ve ever earned before. I’m also making great progress with my TV work, and completed a new feature film script earlier this year.
I would love you to come and see the show, and will be very happy to treat you to a ticket to the performance of your choice, by way of a small “thank you” for the difference you’ve made to my career and confidence in such a short time!” – Sarah Rutherford, The Girl That Fell – Trafalgar Studios