Have you checked the programme page?
Hello and welcome to the FAQs page. Before you dig deep into the FAQs I just want to make sure that you first have read the main programme page here:
This gives the core details of the programme, in terms of where, when, what you will learn, accreditation, etc, whereas the FAQs digs deeper into the details of the most frequently asked questions.
If you haven’t read the main programme page, head over there now, and come back to the FAQs later.
How Is The Life Coaching & NLP Programme Delivered?
- You attend 16 days of live training, full days from 10:00 am to 5:pm, spread over a series of weekends. These days are intensive, practical, hands-on where you practice Coaching and NLP.
- The course programme includes of pre-learning videos that introduce you to the models, tools and techniques you will learn during the programme.
- These videos enable you to start learning, and start changing your life straight away.
- The videos are a pre-requisite for the programme, which means you must watch the videos before starting the live training. This means that last minute registrations on the programme can NOT be accepted. You are expected to sign up at least 4 weeks before the start date at the very latest. Many participants sign up months in advance.
- During Covid-19 we are delivering the full programme via Zoom calls.
- You receive personal support and mentoring from Nina Madden.
- You will have ample opportunity throughout the programme to practice whole form coaching sessions, as well as the individual NLP techniques.
What Will My Qualifications Be?
Your qualifications will be:
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner and
- Certified Personal Life Coach (also called Personal Performance Coach)
Where Are My Qualifications Recognised? Is The Course Accredited?
Upon qualifying and completing all the assessments you will be an NLP Practitioner (Certified Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming), Certified Life Coach and a Certified NLP Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP).
The Professional Coaching With NLP Programme is accredited and approved by the ABNLP which is the American Board for NLP. You are entitled to call yourself an NLP Practitioner and NLP Master Practitioner on completing the programme and passing all your assessments. You can join the ABNLP and this enables our international students to work anywhere in the world.
The Professional Life Coaching With NLP Programme is registered with the ANLP, and the founder and lead trainer Nina Madden is a qualified and Accredited NLP Trainer. The ANLP is the largest independent UK board for NLP. Upon qualification you will be an NLP Practitioner and NLP Master Practitioner according to the criteria of the ANLP. This means you can also register with the ANLP upon completion.
Nina Madden Ltd is also an endorsed training centre by the ILM – The prestigious Institute of Leadership and Management. The Programme is accredited by the ILM.
Our training adheres to the core competencies and international coaching models recognised by the ICF, International Coach Federation. On completion and certification, you can also apply to join the ICF via their portfolio route. They will, in addition to your training, require you to do a number of coaching hours and have supervised mentor coaching. This is standard procedure.
Can I Start Working Straight Away?
Yes absolutely. Just make sure you have insurance and you’re ready to go.
You Say On the Programme Page that Some Students Have a Psychology, Reiki or Other Background. What if I’m a Total Beginner? Will I Be Ok On your Course?
You don’t need any background in psychology to excel on our programme.
As long as you are compassionate and have a strong desire to make an impact in peoples lives as a job and career. Life Coaching is a forward looking, practical approach that gives people solutions to problems.
How Do I Qualify?
You are assessed in line with the agreed criteria from the governing boards such as the ANLP, the ABNLP and the ILM and the ICF. The ICF has developed standards for “Core Competencies” which you are assessed against.
- To complete training participants must attend each of the training day unless otherwise agreed (time can be made up by a) joining another programme or b) doing 1:1.
- There is a test to pass.
- You must demonstrate proficiency in the core NLP techniques.
- You will provide a recorded coaching session at the end which will be assessed and critiqued.
- Show a behavioural integration of the Presuppositions of NLP.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of NLP.
- Integration of the Core Principles of Coaching.
- Ongoing assessment of the core competencies.
- Participate actively in the exercises.
- Performing the taught NLP Techniques correctly
- Ability to establish trust and rapport.
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics.
- Remain non-judgemental at all times.
- Ability to create a safe space for your client.
- Never giving advice or suggestions in coaching.
Along with the exam you are also assessed according to the membership boards on the following
- Integration of the Core Competencies of the ICF (live assessment during the training and video recording).
- Behavioural integration of the Presuppositions of NLP within your coaching practice (live assessment during the training and through video recording).
- Adherence to the Coaching Model TGROW (assessed through video recording)
- Accurate understanding of when to use what in NLP, and demonstration that you are capable of performing the various techniques (live assessment during the training).
We are fair and transparent on our assessment and you will as much as possible be given a fair opportunity to act on any feedback, showing that you have learnt and are continuing to learn.
Does Everyone Pass?
No. Not everyone passes.
What Are The Major Causes of Not Passing?
Dropping out. Not attending the course. Not handing in the test. Not adhering to the code of ethics. Not taking on board feedback or willingness to learn. Not being able to demonstrate proficiency on the assessment points listed above. Not being able to establish trust and rapport, or able to hold the space for the client in the session and follow the coaching models taught. Giving advice, not listening and not respecting the client or fellow class-mates.
If you create a negative experience for other learners, undermine learners or act and behave in a way that undermines the delivery of the training, or the other participants ability to learn you will be asked to leave the training immediately.
What Happens If I Fail An Element Of The Assessment?
Should you fail on one element, it will be explained to you why you failed and what is required from you. You will be given the opportunity to redo that element showing that you have taken the feedback on-board and that you clearly understand and have improved.
We do not try to “trick” anyone or make it difficult for you.
We are here to help you become the best coach that you can be. This training is not “book-heavy”. It is a practical course where you learn the skills of coaching and NLP.
Our assessment is transparent and fair. The marking of test is done by an external marker who marks anonymously and these are then doubly verified by a Quality Assurance marker. Should you disagree with the marking you have further recourse to appeal through our complaints procedure.
Complaints – What If I am Not Happy?
Throughout the programme feedback is regularly solicited and we have multiple 1:1 meetings to make sure you are on track and happy with your progress. As an Endorsed Training Provider with the ILM we have policies and procedures in place to protect our students including complaints procedures. As members of both ANLP, ABNLP and ICF we follow the Code of Ethics of each organisation.
If, for some reason, you are unhappy with any element of the programme as a first cause of action, please contact the office and voice your grievance immediately. You can speak to Nina directly, or to any of the support staff.
We then will attempt to resolve the situation as a win-win. This may mean you deferring, be given extra time, retake certain elements or leaving the course completely. We also have reasonable adjustment policy. A resolution is always attempted.
Should you feel unhappy still, you have recourse to appeal to any of the above listed membership boards.
What happens if I Get Sick or Have an Emergency Half Way Through?
Please make sure that you understand our T&C before signing up for the program. These can be found here.
All bookings are final, and the deposit is non-refundable.
I understand that life happens. If you need to drop out for an emergency such as illness, sick child, or family emergency we do our best to transfer you to the next programme so that you can complete your learning. However, please know that such transfer is a gesture of good will and by no means guaranteed. If the following course is full, this may not be possible and you may have to wait. Please read the T&C before signing up.
How Long Have You Been Teaching, Nina?
I’ve been a Life Coach, Healer and Teacher since 2007 with a practice in Kensington and working with clients from all over the world.
I qualified as an Accredited Trainer of NLP, Life Coaching and Hypnosis in 2010 and ran my first NLP Practitioner Certification training that year. Since then I have run multiple NLP Practitioner, NLP Master Practitioner and Personal Coaching Certifications each year. I run groups of maximum 12 people, as I feel this allows me to develop a good personal relationship with each participant, and give them the attention, feedback and support they need.
What Does Endorsed by The ILM mean?
This means that The Professional Coaching With NLP Programme has gone through a vigorous verification process by the ILM and that we have achieved Endorsed Status.
Being endorsed by the ILM means:
- ILM recognises our expertise in tailoring and delivering a bespoke training that meets our organisation’s needs. This training is the IP of Nina Madden Co. Ltd.
- ILM recognises our freedom to tailor the length, content and delivery of your programmes, whilst they monitor the overall quality.
- ILM ensures the quality of our programme and the fairness and transparency of our assessment through regular visits and sampling by external assessors.
- ILM recognition empowers individual and organisational leadership with flexible and quality assured solutions for progression.
There is a long and arduous process to get ILM Endorsed status.
ILM assesses all our course material, content, structure, lecture plans, policies and procedures, material, power-points, flip charts, manuals, etc.
This means that you have recourse to things like:
- Internal Quality Assurance
- Plagiarism policies
- Conflicts of Interest policies
- Reasonable adjustment policies
- Malpractice and Maladministration policies
- Complaints procedures
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Privacy and Data Protection Policy
This means that your assessment and qualification is assessed on a regular basis by external verifiers who visit our centre and make sure that all records as to your exams and assessment documents are kept on file, transparent and fair. They may look at things such as:
- management of ILM provision;
- implementation of policies and procedures;
- appropriateness of resources;
- suitability of learner support;
- validity of assessment and internal verification processes;
- reliability of IQA records;
- approach towards areas for continuous improvement;
- Implementation of any previous actions issued via internal or external quality assurance (EQA).
You Provide Two Prices, One Including ILM Certification and One Without – What Is The Difference?
There is no difference in the content of the programme, what you learn, the structure or the hours of live training.
However, there is a difference in how your application is handled and the administrative procedures around your assessment. If you chose the option including ILM, you will be registered on their system and they will issue an additional certification with the programme title, your qualification and your name. You can then also join them as a member.
The ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) is good for those who wish to work in a corporate setting. As it is a prestigious recognition, it may serve to open additional doors.
The reason we offer the ILM as an optional extra, is because many of our students are not interested in working in the corporate arena, so becoming endorsed by the ILM is not relevant to them.
If you wish to have an ILM Certification please let us know when you register.
What About Your Price? £5,497 (or £4,997 without ILM Certification) is a lot of money.
We appreciate that it is a large investment. However, the programme is very competitively priced.
You get three qualifications in one;
The Professional Life Coaching & NLP Programme provides you with three recognised qualifications.
The cost of each one separately according to market prices you would be paying:
- NLP Practitioner £2,800 (+VAT)
- NLP Master Practitioner £3,500 (+VAT)
- Life Coaching/ Personal Coaching £4,500 (+ VAT)
Average Market Price £10,800 (+VAT)
Option A: The Professional Life Coaching & NLP Programme (no ILM Certification) £4,997 – in total.
Option B: The Professional Life Coaching & NLP Programme (with ILM Certification) £5,497 – in total.
So, you can see that the course fee is very competitive. In addition the course fee includes:
- 16 days live training.
- 3 Certifications/ qualifications
- Lifetime access to online learning materials.
- Bonus module on how to set up your successful Coaching & Therapy business
- 12 months or more mentoring and support post qualifying
We are regulated and accredited;
There are many non-regulated courses on the market that will not equip you with the skills and tools you need nor will they be recognised by the membership boards. You can do online courses and get a certified with almost no assessment. With the Professional Coaching With NLP Programme you will be able to join the ANLP/ ABNLP. The training portion can count towards an application with the ICF via their portfolio route. You will also be able to get insurance, so you are safe and legal to practice with paying clients.
What Are Typical Earnings of a Life Coach or NLP Master Practitioner?
Our students typically start at £100 – £150 per hour for Life Coaching and NLP, working either through therapy centres and clinics or individually from home, or from rented ad-hoc offices (there are many offices available throughout London that charge around £16-£20 per hour for a room.)
More established coaches tend to charge £150-£250 per hour. In Harley Street £350 per hour and upward is not unusual.
Corporate Coaches can earn anything between £1,000 per day to £5,000 per day depending on their industry and niche, and in finance there is a well known NLP Coach charging £10,000 for 3 sessions.
Outside London the fees are slightly lower. A quick google search should tell you the market prices. You can search Life Coaching, NLP Master Practitioners but also Hypnotherapy and CBT.
A Life Coach and NLP Master Practitioner can easily work with 15-20 clients per week.
This provides you with a weekly income of (on the lower end) £2,250 to £3,750 per week or £9,000 to £15,000 per month.
Your ability to earn is the combination of your hourly fee and your willingness to see clients.
To be an excellent life coach you need true passion for helping people become empowered, happy and fulfilled. This is not a way to make money quick.
Can I Become a Qualified Life Coach and NLP Master Practitioner in Just Five Weeks?
Yes! There is no need to spend years at university. You can become an NLP Practitioner, Life Coach and NLP Master Practitioner in just five weeks with the Professional Coaching With NLP Programme.
This is not an education or a qualification in psychology or counselling, but that does not mean that you can’t help people make profound changes to their lives.
With our programme you
- Get the theory, tools and techniques through or online learning portal.
- Have 16 full days of intensive full-on supervised practice, coaching and NLP interventions.
- Have access to mentoring and support as you build your portfolio of clients after you qualify.
- Have access to a community of learners via our private Facebook Group for support and peer to peer practice.
What Logos Can I Use on My Website?
Once you are qualified Life Coach and NLP Master Practitioner you are able to join the various membership boards.
ILM – make sure that you request an ILM Certification when registering. You can join the ILM and pay the yearly fee. Once a member you can use their logo on your website.
ANLP – once qualified you are entitled to join the ANLP. Once a member you can then use the ANLP logo on your website. They will require your certificates and a reference from your lead trainer.
ABNLP – once qualified you can join the ABNLP and use their logo on your website. They will need to see your certificates plus a reference from your lead trainer.
ICF – once you have qualified you can apply to join the ICF via their portfolio route. You must in addition to the training, provide them with case studies and a number of coaching hours. You must also undertake supervised coaching mentoring by a recognised coaching mentor. Please check their website to understand what you need. Once you have passed their application process, fulfilled their criteria and become a member you use their logo too.
With all of these membership boards the rules are the same. You must be a member in order to use their logo. Each board is between £120 – £180 per year.
You don’t have to be a member anywhere to practice as a Coach or NLP Practitioner.
Do I Need Insurance To Practice?
Yes, you must have insurance as a Life Coach and NLP Practitioner.
Our students insure with Holistic Insurances and the premium is about £65 per year.
Do I Need Any Prior Qualifications?
No. You do not need a university degree to join The Professional Life Coaching With NLP Programme.
Is the Course Very Academic, I don’t like to read?
The theory, tools and pre-learning is delivered via dynamic and fun video presentations. You can listen to these videos whilst walking, doing the laundry, ironing or any other choirs. They are me presenting to camera, and not boring power-point presentations. You will be given three manuals that accompany the training, however, 99% of the time, when we are in class you will be practicing and learning by application. This is an experiential course, and you will start practicing coaching on the first day in the first morning, and it carries on like this throughout the programme.
How Do I Enrol? What Are The Next Steps?
Great! You’re ready to change your life…
The first step is to book a call with me to get yourself registered. To secure your place you need to put down a deposit, and then the course fee is needed before the course starts. There are payment plans available for a limited number of students on each course.
Book a call with Nina or the team to get yourself booked in:
Once registered you will get on-boarded. You will receive welcome email, tax invoice, receipts and access to all the materials so you can start learning. Then you come to class on the first day and meet your fellow students and start changing lives!
Still have some queries? Email email@example.com