ICF Sample Coaching Agreement
This Agreement is entered into by and between: Nina Madden ICF Accredited Coach and NLP Master Practitioner, IEMT Master Practitioner, correspondence address Flat 11 Sutherland House, Marloes Road, W8 5LG London; contact phone number +44(0)7906 255 529 email address email@example.com
and Name, Address (Client) whereby Coach agrees to provide Coaching and NLP Services for Client.
Description of Coaching: Coaching is partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
1) Coach-Client Relationship
- Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behavior established by the International Coach Federation “(ICF)” LINK . It is recommended that the Client review the ICF Code of Ethics and the applicable standards of behavior.
- Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her coaching calls and interactions with the Coach. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Client further acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time ensuring that a minimum of 48 hours’ notice is provided before the next coaching session was scheduled.
- Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Coach.
- The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
The parties agree to engage in a ___ month/ 10 weeks Coaching Program through a mixture of face to face and live Virtual Zoom Calls as preferred by the client.
The Coach will be available to Client by e-mail and written WhatsApp messages in between scheduled meetings. Great care is given to reply promptly within office hours to WhatsApp and Email, and most email/ WhatsApp messages are replied to within 48 hours. The Coach is not available for any voice note conversations or recorded voicemail messages. Any recorded messages will not be listened to.
3) Schedule and Fees
This coaching agreement is valid as of 00/00/0000. The fee is £250 per session and coaching is provided in blocks of 000 sessions which are invoiced and paid for in advance of the start of the first session. Coaching is not provided on a session-by-session basis. Coaching sessions should take place no less frequent than every two weeks, unless specifically agreed otherwise.
Each coaching session is 60 minutes unless otherwise agreed.
The time of the coaching meetings and/or location will be determined by Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time. The Client will initiate all scheduled phone calls and will call the Coach at the following number for all scheduled meetings. If the Coach will be at any other number for a scheduled call, Client will be notified prior to the scheduled appointment time.
This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
- Release of Information
According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes. In this case no personal details will be disclosed, nor any details that could reasonably link back to you.
7) Cancellation and Rescheduling Sessions Policy
Client agrees that it is the Client’s responsibility to notify the Coach 48 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings if any change is to be made. Coach reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting where 48 hours has not been provided.
- Record Retention Policy
Documents, information and data acquired or shared during the term of the Coach-Client relationship are kept digitally and are password protected. In some cases hand written notes are made during the coaching sessions and the coach will share these notes with the client, on the clients request. The original of these handwritten notes are kept in files in the Coach’s office under lock and key.
If either the Coach or the client feels that value is not being provided, or that the energy is flagging either party is obliged to raise this as a topic of conversation so that it can be more deeply explored.
Either the Client or the Coach may terminate this Agreement at any time with 2 weeks written notice. Written notice can be given by email. Client agrees to compensate the Coach for all coaching services rendered through and including the effective date of termination of the coaching relationship.
In such case the client will be refunded any unused coaching sessions paid for in advance. The refund will be made within a reasonable time frame (14-30 days).
10) Limited Liability
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
11) Entire Agreement
This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Client.
12) Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Client and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 60 days after notice given. If the dispute is not resolved an external mediator will sought representing the interest of the professionalism of the coaching profession.