Have you checked the Training page?
Hello and welcome to the FAQs page. Before you dig deep into the FAQs I just want to make sure that you first have read the main programme page here:
This gives the core details of the training, in terms of where, when, what you will learn, accreditation, etc, whereas the FAQs digs deeper into the details of the most frequently asked questions.
If you haven’t read the main training page, head over there now, and come back to the FAQs later.
How is the Professional Coaching with NLP Programme delivered?
- The Life Coach and NLP Training is delivered over four modules which are held live on Zoom or face to face
- The modules are between three to four days each
- The title of the modules are; Deep Coaching in Action, NLP to Programme Your Future (including Life Purpose and Direction) NLP and the Power to Heal (including radical self-compassion) and Hero’s Journey (including metaphor, myth archetypes)
- The timings are 9.30 to 5.30 each day
- The training is held in English language
- The LIVE portion of the training is complemented by
- pre-learning materials, in the shape of short videos
- pre-learning reading, containing essential reading to deepen your understanding of Coaching and NLP
- independent group assignments
- coaching practice
- Module One – Deep Coaching in Actions, covers the Core Competencies of Coaching according to the gold standards set by the ICF
- The Coaching portion of the training is 70 hours in total; of which 34 hours are in direct interaction with the trainer
- The remaining hours of the first module, consists of independent group work, coaching practice and evaluation
- Module Two, Three and Four cover the NLP Portion of the training, including NLP Practitioner Certification and NLP Master Practitioner Certification level
- The NLP portion of the training is recognised by both the ANLP and the ABNLP at NLP Master Practitioner level, and includes all materials content and assessment required to earn an NLP Master Practitioner Certification
- Once you have passed the assessments you will qualify from the training and receive three certificates. You can submit your NLP Practitioner and NLP Master Practitioner to ANLP and ABNLP and join them at NLP Master Practitioner Level.
- The entire training programme is endorsed by the prestigious ILM – Institute of Leadership and Management
Language and Location
The training is held in English and unless otherwise specified held on Zoom. There are plans to hold this training face to face in London, Mexico, Dubai and Goa
The learning experience is an engaging variety of theory, practice and reflection and includes lots and lots of practical supervised coach practice
Pre-requisites for joining
You don’t have to have a degree or any prior experience to join this programme. This training is intended for those who wish to become professional Life Coaches and NLP Master Practitioners, and who wish to work either with individuals or in organisations, companies and businesses or not-for profit organisations.
How To Join
- Decide which of the live training dates you wish to attend
- Fill out the order form and pay
- either deposit to reserve your space (full amount will be expected prior to the start date of your course unless otherwise agreed)
- or the full amount
- You can also call the office and register by paying over the phone
- Payment can be done using any bank cards, including Amex
- Get your welcome pack and onboarding instructions within 24 hours
- No spaces are held for any participants without deposit
What post-qualifying support do you provide?
- Once you have qualified you will have access to many free webinars, workshops and talks
- These webinars are not available to the general public
You also have access to support and mentoring from Nina directly
- You can submit any client and coaching related questions to her via WhatsApp and set up a time to discuss your cases in depth
- You can access paid Business Mentoring
With the post-qualifying support you can be confident that help is never far away.
Is the course accredited?
Yes the Professional Coaching with NLP Programme is accredited. Below are details of our affiliations, memberships and accreditations.
Nina Madden is an Accredited Coach with the ICF, and an Accredited trainer of NLP, Coaching and Hypnosis (INLPTA)
We are registered training providers with the ANLP. The ANLP is the largest independent UK board for NLP. We are also accredited by the ABNLP (The American Board for NLP). Upon qualifying you can register with both boards as a member at NLP Master Practitioner level. We are also an Endorsed training provider by the ILM – The prestigious Institute of Leadership and Management.
Upon qualifying and completing all the assessments you will be a certified NLP Practitioner, certified Life Coach and a certified NLP Master Practitioner.
Our training adheres to the core competencies and international coaching models recognised by the ICF, International Coach Federation. Upon qualifying you can join the ICF as a member. In addition to joining as a member, the hours from this training may count towards an accreditation as an ACC or PCC Coach with the ICF via their portfolio route.
Can I start working straight away?
Yes absolutely. Just make sure you have insurance and you’re ready to go.
Do I need any prior qualifications to join the training?
You don’t need any prior qualifications to join our training.
The best candidate for this training is someone who is compassionate and has a strong inner drive to make a difference in peoples lives.
How do I qualify?
You are assessed in line with the agreed criteria from the governing boards such as the ANLP, the ABNLP and the ILM and the ICF.
- Attend the whole training
- Pass a test
- You must demonstrate proficiency in Core Skills of NLP
- Pass the performance evaluation
- Show a behavioural integration of the Presuppositions of NLP
Does everyone pass?
No. Not everyone passes.
What happens if I fail?
Should you fail on one element, it will be explained to you why you failed and what is required from you. You will be given the opportunity to redo that element showing that you have taken the feedback on-board and that you clearly understand and have improved.
We do not try to “trick” anyone or make it difficult for you.
We are here to help you become the best coach that you can be.
Our assessment is transparent and fair. The marking of test is done by an external marker who marks anonymously and these are then doubly verified by a Quality Assurance marker. Should you disagree with the marking you have further recourse to sppeal.
Complaints – What If I am Not Happy?
As an Endorsed Training Provider with the ILM we have policies and procedures in place to protect our students including complaints procedures.
If, for some reason, you are unhappy with any element of the training as a first cause of action, please contact the office and voice your grievance immediately. You can speak to Nina directly, or to any of the support staff. It is important that you express yourself as early as possible. If you have emailed, you will be asked to speak on the phone/ Zoom or meet in person.
You will receive a written confirmation of your complaint.
We then will attempt to resolve the situation as a win-win for both parties. We will hear your grievance and discuss with you options for how to resolve it.
You will then receive written confirmation of the proposed solution.
As members of ANLP, ABNLP and ICF, and as an Endorsed training provider with the ILM we follow the Code of Ethics of each organisation. If you are unhappy with the resolution proposed after having your grievance heard you may reach out to any of those organisations to voice your complaint.
What happens if I get sick or have an emergency and I am only partially able to complete the training?
Please make sure that you understand our T&C before signing up for the program.
These can be found here.
If you miss partial days due to emergency we will do our best to still qualify you within your cohort but give you the option to make up those days with the next cohort.
If you must drop out half way through because of emergency, we will do our best to transfer you onto the next training. This will be available to you within 24 months of your first live training day but it is not automatically granted, it is dependant on the spaces available on those trainings.
Please note that space is not guaranteed.
Examples of emergencies where our students have been granted deferrals include family bereavements, sudden funerals, being attacked and care of sick child.
How long have you been teaching, Nina?
- I’ve been a qualified professional Life Coach and NLP Master Practitioner since 2007. I work from a practice in Kensington but have clients all over the world.
- I qualified as an Accredited Trainer of NLP, Life Coaching and Hypnosis in 2010.
- I’ve been teaching certified coaching and NLP Programmes since 2011.
What Does Endorsed by The ILM mean?
This means that The Professional Coaching With NLP Programme has gone through a vigorous verification process by the ILM and that we have achieved Endorsed Status.
Being Endorsed by the ILM means:
- ILM recognises our expertise in tailoring and delivering bespoke training.
- ILM recognises our freedom to tailor the length, content and delivery of your programmes, whilst they monitor the overall quality. This training with it’s content, materials, and delivery is the IP of Nina Madden ltd, and does not belong to the ILM.
- ILM ensures the quality of our training and the fairness and transparency of our assessment through regular visits and sampling by external assessors.
There is a long and arduous process to get ILM Endorsed status.
ILM assesses all our course material, content, structure, lecture plans, policies and procedures, material, power-points, flip charts, manuals, etc.
This means that you have recourse to things like:
- Internal Quality Assurance
- Plagiarism policies
- Conflicts of Interest policies
- Reasonable adjustment policies
- Malpractice and Maladministration policies
- Complaints procedures
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Privacy and Data Protection Policy
This means that your assessment and qualification is assessed on a regular basis by external verifiers who visit our centre and make sure that all records as to your exams and assessment documents are kept on file, transparent and fair. They may look at things such as:
- management of ILM provision;
- implementation of policies and procedures;
- appropriateness of resources;
- suitability of learner support;
- validity of assessment and internal verification processes;
- reliability of IQA records;
- approach towards areas for continuous improvement;
The fee is £4,997
This price includes:
- All pre-learning material
- 16 days live training
- 3 Certifications/ qualifications – NLP Practitioner, NLP Master Practitioner and Life Coach
- Additional module on how to set up your coaching
- Access to free, regular professional development, mentoring, webinars and talks only available to graduates
The fee for additional ILM Certification is £500
Why is ILM Certification extra?
The reason is we offer the ILM as an optional extra.
There is no difference in the content of the training, what you learn, the structure or the hours of live training. There is a difference in how your application is handled and the administrative procedures around your assessment.
If you chose the option including ILM, you will be registered on their system and they will issue an additional certification with the training title, your qualification and your name.
The ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) is good for those who wish to work in a corporate setting. Please visit ILM and make your own decision about including this certification.
If you wish to have an ILM Certification please let us know when you register.
How Do I Enrol?
You can either sign up via the order form, or call the office.
To register your place you will be asked to pay a deposit of £997.
We look forward to speaking with you
What Are Typical Earnings of a Life Coach or NLP Master Practitioner?
A very conservative starting rate for a coach would be £75- £150 per hour
More established coaches tend to charge £250-£350 per hour.
Corporate coaches can earn anything between £1,000 per day to £5,000 per day depending on their industry and niche.
What logos can I use on my website?
Once you are qualified Life Coach and NLP Master Practitioner you are able to join the various membership boards.
Then you will you be able to display their logos on your website.
Do I need insurance to practice?
Yes, you must have insurance to practice.
Our students insure with Holistic Insurances and the premium is about £65 per year.
Is the course very academic, I don’t like to read?
The pre-learning is delivered via dynamic video presentations. You can listen to these videos whilst walking, doing the laundry, or any other choirs. The live training is very hands on and you will be put into breakout rooms to do exercises and practice straight away.
You will be given three manuals that accompany the training. These support your learning with description of tools and techniques, scripts, etc.
You will also be given a reading list. This is to deepen your understanding and knowledge post qualifying.
The most important thing to remember is that coaching is a skill, like driving a car, playing tennis or riding a horse. Much can be learnt from reading, however, theory and reading does not make a great coach.